2009-01-04

Games and Growing Up

Why is it that when your all grown up, playing games on Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii seem so childish…well childish to the significant other that is LOL...not my significant other that's for sure, she enojys it just as much as me!!! Playing games is great especially if you have a long and by long I mean decades long rivalry with a close friend that when crushing them in NHL Hockey is like winning the Stanley Cup!!! Ya I know it sounds childish but it’s such a release from everyday “Grown Up” life and responsibilities. If you were to video tape all the times Sean and I played hockey, soccer, football, golf or whatever sports game is out there you would laugh your ass off…and I bet we would even win on Americans Funniest Videos…not the Bob Saget era either ‘cause man did he suck. You gotta love the words that come out of our mouths, the thrown joysticks, the never ending “You Cheat” phrase…damn I’m itching for a game again.

So when are you too old to play video games? I don’t know and will probably never know and who cares. It’s something that I have done since I was a kid…don’t get me wrong, I did live in an era where playing outside was more important. I still play soccer, squash, any sport that I was good at, but getting the satisfaction of kicking someone’s ass without laying a finger on them is priceless!

NHL 09 Champ Nuno (you suck Sean)

No comments:

Post a Comment